Nov–Dec 2020 Lockdown Update
As the current situation with COVID-19 allows, we are able to offer sight testing appointments at our practices. We take our clients’ and staff health and safety very seriously, so naturally we have taken steps to ensure that we can conduct our appointments in as safe a way as possible for all concerned.
Please note that we are working behind locked doors, so it is important to call beforehand to arrange an appointment (including for repairs and collections) or for any query.
We will be carrying out COVID-19 checks before patients attend the practice. Patient temperatures may be taken on the day.
Caring for You is Protecting You
Discover our hygiene and safety protocol
You may have been wondering how your visit and eye examination will now differ. We have adapted the practices to the new social distancing guidelines.
What will it be like now?
We have developed a comprehensive protocol, following the Government guidelines to guarantee you the same level of service and care as before, while adding additional protection so we can assist you in the safest way!
What we will do…
Wash and sanitise our hands, wear personal protective equipment and respect physical distance where possible to ensure we all remain safe.
What our team will do…
- Provide you with hand sanitiser at the entrance of the practice.
- Every contact surface will be sanitised several times per day or more: doorknobs, tables, desks, optometry equipment, payment terminals.
- We will provide you with a selection of sanitised frames that you can try on and all frames will again be sanitised between patients.
- We will wear protective gloves and change them after every patient.
- We may install protective screens between you and us when social distancing is not possible.
What we will kindly ask you to do…
- Always make an advance appointment and avoid walk-in visits. This is essential so that we can manage the number of people in the practice at any one time. Please visit alone if you are able to or let us know in advance if you need to bring someone.
- When you arrive at the practice you will be guided by a member of our team. Please do not wander around or touch our frame collection unless you are with a member of our team. We are no longer able to provide magazines in the waiting area but please feel free to bring your own.
- We would prefer contactless card or chip and pin payments rather than cash if possible.
Our Assurance To You
Our practice team has been trained to respect the Government guidelines. We need to ensure safety in our practice but we are still here to help you and will welcome you with our usual friendly greeting.